The mission of the Charter SEPAC is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and
support of all children with special needs in the community. To that end, the members
of the Charter SEPAC will work to:
- Promote a network of parents of children and provide a forum to share information.
- Advise the Director of Student Services on operations and development of special education programs, parent & teacher training needs, and help to
- Promote communication between Charter SEPAC members, local, State and National organizations, councils and groups.
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Provide informational forums to parents, educators, students, and professionals.
Community Charter Public School.
Andrea will join us for this meeting to provide information on basic rights and what is in an IEP.
Topics covered will include:
* when and how to make a referral to determine eligibility
* standards for determining eligibility
* if eligible, if not eligible
* sections of IEP
* parental response to proposed IEP and proposed placement