The mission of the Charter SEPAC is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and
support of all children with special needs in the community. To that end, the members
of the Charter SEPAC will work to:
- Promote a network of parents of children and provide a forum to share information.
- Advise the Director of Student Services on operations and development of special education programs, parent & teacher training needs, and help to
- Promote communication between Charter SEPAC members, local, State and National organizations, councils and groups.
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Provide informational forums to parents, educators, students, and professionals.
Membership shall be open to any person who has a child enrolled at Marblehead
Community Charter Public School.
Co-Chair – Jen Gaudette
Co-Chair – Julie Kiernan
Secretary – Wanda Gonzalez
2020-2021 Monthly Meetings are 1st Monday of every month 6:30 – 7:30 PM (currently on Zoom)
MCCPS SEPAC – APRIL MEETING
You are invited to our April meeting.
On April 5, 2021, from 6:30-7:30pm, Dr. Amy Laurent will join our Zoom to present on emotional regulation.
Amy Laurent, Ph.D., OTR/L is a developmental psychologist and a registered pediatric occupational therapist. Currently, in private practice, Amy specializes in the education of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and related developmental disabilities. The majority of Amy’s work involves collaborating with and supporting early intervention teams, school teams, and families. Her consultative services focus on the creation of educational programs and environments that facilitate children’s active engagement and learning at home, in schools, and throughout their communities. The SCERTS Model, of which she is a co-author, along with differentiated instruction and developmental theory guide her practice.